Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lorna Morgan And Sophie

final farewell - I DO NOT HAVE BETRAYED!


At Valley we have stopped by deception
and in that dark forest we have brought
a blow after another have fallen
not have time to make a last goodbye.

what I am charged I betrayed?
but if I have fought for Italy
and never pulled back my son I swear!
front of hunger, thirst and the enemy!

weep not my mother I did not suffer
because when I showed the right breast
and before the guns of the enemy
shouted: "W W Italy and the Duce" ... and I have heard them!

Santa you must be proud because your son did not die a coward

Italy called me and I said
you know, as I know that others have cheated.

My dear parents now leave you
I'm cold and I do not feel bad that no one is around
die so young
without experiencing the joy of a love
nor to be my dad again!

up there now I aspettan
comrades-in-hand with the tricolor flag, that flag
that I loved so much, I wish
with my friends,
begins another journey.

but before leaving my life
I tell my Italy ...
that I never betrayed thee!

Valerio Arena (not to forget!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment